Bruce J. Kaye, Partner
Email: Click Here
Bruce J. Kaye’s clients benefit from his more than 39 years of experience specializing in Plaintiff’s personal injury, wrongful death, automobile, trucking, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents, products liability, insurance bad faith, commercial and other civil matters. Mr. Kaye has successfully tried cases in the state and federal courts and negotiated settlements in numerous complex civil cases. He has a particular interest in insurance bad faith cases, including those arising from workers compensation claims. He also enjoys leveraging his expertise in cases involving the wrongful denial of benefits under Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance policies. In addition to litigation, Mr. Kaye has extensive experience in the areas of mediation, negotiation and arbitration. Mr. Kaye regularly serves as “personal counsel” for clients who have been sued in civil matters, protecting their interests vis a vi their insurance company.
Examples of Case Work:
- Litigation of many serious automobile, truck, motorcycle and bicycle cases involving closed head brain and other catastrophic injuries.
- Mr. Kaye and his partner successfully tried a complex commercial case on behalf of a small businessman against a financial institution.
- Successful representation of a professional in a complicated employment claim in a NASD (now FINRA) arbitration.
- Mr. Kaye and his partner successfully tried a legal malpractice claim resulting in a favorable verdict for the firm’s client.
- Successful representation of a doctor in the arbitration of a dispute with his partners over the dissolution of their professional practice.
- Representation of a group of low-wage employees in a meat packing factory in a federal case under the Americans with Disability Act.
Because of his acknowledged expertise, Mr. Kaye has been called upon to speak in front of a number of professional organizations. His presentations often focus on the legal issues surrounding wrongful death claims as well as insurance bad faith, damages in personal injury claims, and use of expert witnesses in personal injury claims.
Boards, Memberships and Awards:
Mr. Kaye is an active member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA), serving on its Board of Directors for several years. He also is a member of the American Association of Justice as well as the Denver, Mesa County, Colorado Bar Associations and American Bar Association. He has extensive Mediation Training through the Colorado Bar Association and continues to be selected as one of the few “Super Lawyers” in Colorado in the field of personal injury litigation, has an “AV” rating and is also designated a “Best Lawyer” by U.S. News and World Report.
Background and Education:
Born in Arizona, Mr. Kaye moved to Colorado to attend the University of Denver. A member of Phi Beta Kappa, Mr. Kaye received his B.A. degree from the University of Denver in 1971. He then went on to the University of Denver School Of Law, receiving his Juris Doctor degree in 1974. Prior to going into private practice in1980, Mr. Kaye served as a Deputy District Attorney in Boulder County and worked as the Assistant City Attorney and the Assistant County Attorney in Grand Junction.